Pages

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Pork Fried Rice

I have been inspired by the Pioneer Woman's recipes to make mine more user friendly. So, starting this week, I'm going to try and include more picture with steps!  We'll see how often I have time to do this.  :)

This weeks recipe is really easy and was so good! I have been craving anything Thai, Chinese, Japanese, etc during my pregnancy so I'm excited to have found something that I can cook at home.  If you enjoy any of the kinds of food listed above you'll love this.  And I'm betting that it would be just as good with chicken or shrimp too which makes it very versatile!

Pork Fried Rice


Ingredients:
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 pound boneless pork chops, cut into 1/4" strips
2 scallions, trimmed and sliced (I omitted these)
2 packages (8.8 oz) fully cooked brown rice
1 c Frozen Peas, thawed
1/4 c Soy Sauce
2 t Sesame Oil

Here are the ingredients measured and cut up.

Heat the skillet to medium and fry egg.  You should just leave it until it's together enough to be flipped and then cook through until it's one large piece of egg.  Remove and put on a cutting board.

Replace the egg with the pork chops and turn the heat up to medium/high.  Cook the pork strips until there is no pink remaining.

Once the meat is cooked through add scallions (if you're using them), brown rice and peas.  Cover and cook for an additional two minutes.

Cut up the egg into small pieces.

Stir in egg, soy sauce, and sesame oil and heat through.

Serve warm!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails