Pages

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Spicy Chicken Pasta



This recipe from our local hospital foundation's cookbook is great!  My mom used to make it when we were little and I always loved it.  No that I'm older I know that it's pretty easy to make and makes a lot of pasta!  However, it is spicy so if you are looking for something to make for someone who just had a baby or is sick this probably isn't the dish the take.  But, for something like my friend Leigh's shower a few weeks ago, it was the perfect pasta with chicken dish.  Please note that the picture above is from Leigh's shower and this was about 2/3's of the recipe.  I also filled a disposable round cake pan full of pasta and Jason and I ate that for dinner one night.  I'm not kidding when I say that it makes a lot!

Spicy Chicken Pasta

4 to 6 chicken breasts
12 oz Vermicelli Noodles
1 small Onion, chopped
1/2 c Melted Margarine (you can use about half of this amount and it still be great)
1 10 oz can Cream of Chicken Soup
2 cans Tomatoes with Green Chilies (aka Rotel)
1 T Worcestershire Sauce
1/2 t Garlic Powder
1 lb Velveeta cheese, cubed
Parmesan Cheese

Rinse chicken.  Boil chicken in water until tender.  Remove skin, if needed, and chop.

Cook noodles using package directions.

Saute onion in margarine in sillet.

Combine soup, tomatoes with chiles, Worcestershire Sauce, Garlic Powder, and Velveeta Cheese in bowl.  Add chicken and onions to soup mixture.  Layer pasta and soup mixture in a 9x12 glass baking dish.

Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes or until hot and bubbly.  Sprinkle with Parmesan Cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails