Pages

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Shrimp Pizza

I pulled this out of the September 2009 issue of Parents magazine from an article about making things that your kids will eat. (I couldn't find the recipe on their website.)  Kids, husbands, same thing right??? :)  I kid, Jason is a really good eater, but he loves shrimp so I thought that this recipe would be perfect for him and I like shrimp so good for me!  I made this on Monday night and it was fantastic!  It's more like an authentic pizza that you would get in Italy as opposed to something from a pizza delivery chain.  It was really good and I felt pretty healthy eating it since the recipe says that each slice only has 175 calories.  It was really easy to make and only took about 35-40 minutes from start of prep time until sitting at the table so that was great also.


Shrimp Pizza

1 14 oz can refrigerated pizza crust
2 T olive oil, divided
2 tsp minced garlic
1 lb Shrimp, peeled
5 plum tomatoes, cut into 1/4" slices
1/4 c fresh basil, slivered
1 c shredded mozzarella cheese
Pepper to taste


1. Preheat oven to 425.  Roll out crust to fit a jelly roll pan or your pizza stone.  Brush crust with 1 T olive oil and sprinkle with garlic.  Top with shrimp and tomatoes; bake for 12 minutes.
2. Remove the pizza from the oven. Sprinkle it with basil and cheese.  Drizzle with the remaining olive oil.  Return to the oven just until cheese is melted, about 7 minutes (only took 5 in my oven).  Season with pepper and allow the pizza to cool slightly before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails