Pages

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Brown Sugar Pork Chops



I will be the first to tell you that this recipe is not your typical southern fare. However, Jason had a brown sugar tenderloin on our first trip to The Masters and he talked about how interesting it was so I thought I'd try to come up with a recipe that was similar. They turned out really good but you need to be prepared for a sweet main dish. I will serve mashed potatoes with them next time instead of onion potatoes and green beans because you kind of need a thick, blander starch to counteract all of the sugar. Mac and Cheese would probably go great with it also. I did really like them though and will probably try the recipe on chicken sometime soon. If you do it before I do I would love to hear how it is on chicken! I hope you enjoy them! I did make this up so it's very unprecise and open to your own interpretation.

Brown Sugar Pork Chops

Pork Chops
Olive Oil
Salt
Pepper
Brown Sugar
Maple Syrup (our's was light maply syrup -- any kind of breakfast syrup should be fine)

1. Trim fat from pork and tenderize with mallet or fork
2. Drizzle olive oil on one side, turn over and do the same
3. Lightly salt and pepper one side, turn over and do the same
4. Heap 1 - 2 teaspoons brown sugar on each side of pork rubbing into meat, turn over and do the same
5. Drizzle mape syrup over pork chops until the tops are barely covered
6. Refrigerate for 30 minutes to a couple hours to let the pork absorb the juices
7. Bake at 350 for 30 - 45 minutes depending on the thickness of your pork chops

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails