Pages

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Honey Bun Cake

No pictures with this one because I haven't made this cake in a while but it is truly heavenly and since I haven't shared a dessert with you in a while and because I'm rarely feeling up to cooking much less trying new recipes these days, I thought I'd share an oldie but goodie . Our first experience with this cake was right after we had bought our house. We had closed and spent the first weekend mooching off of our parents good natures by having them help us paint, pretty much the entire inside of the house. What troopers they were! :) And one day while we were there Jason's grandparents brought us lunch and with it this fantastic cake. It's super easy and oh so yummy! So enjoy!

Honey Bun Cake

Cake:
1 box Yellow Cake Mix (the kind with pudding in it)
4 eggs
2/3 c Vegetable Oil
1/3 c Water
1 8 oz carton Sour Cream
1/2 c Firmly Packed Brown Sugar
1 t Ground Cinnamon
2/3 c Chopped Pecans (optional, I don't use them because I'm not a huge fan of nuts in my sweets)

Glaze:
1 c Sifted Powdered Sugar
2 T Milk
1/2 t Vanilla Extract

  1. Combine first five ingredients in a mixing bowl; beat at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth. Set aside.
  2. Combine brown sugar, cinnamon, and pecans; set aside. Pour half of batter in a greased and floured 9x13 inch baking pan. Sprinkle half of the sugar mixture over batter. Repeat procedure. Gently swirl batter with knife.
  3. Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove from oven.
  4. Combine all ingredients for the glaze. Beat at a medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth.
  5. Drizzle glaze over cake, and cool. Cut in to squares.
Yields 15 to 18 servings

As most of you know we are planning on having Charlotte via a c-section on Friday. Therefore, I will be taking a few weeks off of Recipe Wednesday as I adjust to life as a new mother. A few friends have offered to pitch in and help and I have plans to set some posts up that will link you to some of my favorite recipes on the blogs that I read, but we probably won't have any recipes that I'm just trying for the first time for a while. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails