Pages

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Million Dollar Cookies

If you've ever wanted a fantastic, to die for Chocolate Chip cookie recipe this is the recipe for you! It is so good that I could eat these cookies all the time! I recently made them for our neighbors and I hope they were as big of a hit at their houses as they are at ours! The recipe is from my parents next door neighbor, Talitha, and they are really really good. They do have oatmeal in them (a lot of oatmeal) so if you don't like oatmeal I would stay away. But I feel like the oatmeal gives them the perfect taste and besides, I figure, with oatmeal in them, they could almost be considered healthy! :) The cookie batter also gets really thick so I would use a stand mixer if you have one and if not, be prepared for an arm workout! It's a workout just mixing in the chocolate so I can't imagine how much energy it would take to hold a hand mixer to mix the whole batter.



Million Dollar Cookies
Makes 5-6 dozen
1 c butter
1 c sugar
1 c brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
2 c flour
2 1/2 c oatmeal (instant Quakers)
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 12 oz pkg chocolate chips (Hershey)
3 Hershey candy bars (broken)
1 1/2 c chopped nuts (optional)
Cream butter and both sugars. Add eggs and vanilla. Mix in flour, oats, salt, baking powder and baking soda. Add chips, candy, and nuts(optional).
Bake 375 degrees for 6-8 minutes.
*I made a little over 4 dozen. I scooped my cookies with the medium sized scoop from Pampered Chef.
*I also don't add nuts. I'm against nuts in sweets! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails