Pages

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Baked Mozzarella Sticks


One of the earlier recipes that I saw on Pinterest was a recipe for mozzarella sticks in egg roll wrappers baked instead of fried.  I pinned it and when I was looking for an appetizer to take to Christmas I decided to try it.  Mine didn't turn out exactly like the picture but they were really good.  

In getting all my ducks in a row for this post I found that the person who uploaded the picture on the pin that I repinned basically uploaded a picture of fried mozzarella sticks and said that she would bake instead of fry them.  A little confusing, but I'm glad that she wrote that because this is really easy and even though they don't look as awesome as fried mozzarella sticks they are still great!

I'm modified the recipe to give you the best non-fried approach but if you want the fried version check out the link at the bottom of this post.


Baked Mozzarella Sticks

Egg Roll Wrappers
String Cheese
Water
Salsa

1. Lightly spray a cookie sheet with sides with cooking spray.
2. Lay out an egg roll wrapper.  Place a string cheese near a top corner point and begin rolling the wrapper up.  Halfway through fold the outer corners in and continue wrapping.  When you finish rolling moisten the edge with water and seal.
3. Continue with as many wrappers as you have and place on your cookie sheet with a little bit of space between the rolls.
4. Bake in a 350 degree oven for about 15 minutes.  Keep a watch on them to add or take away time.  You want them to get slightly brown but you also don't want all the cheese to seep out.
5.  Serve warm with salsa or marinara sauce.

Modified from Taste of Home via Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails