Pages

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Chicken Fried Rice


You would think that something with "fried" in the name of it wouldn't be healthy but this recipe surprisingly is supposed to be.  It is also very tasty and satisfied my ethnic tooth on the cheap.  PLUS I knew exactly what was in it which made me feel better about eating it.  It was also easier to make since I learned that you can scramble eggs in the microwave!  Stir with a fork and then microwave for 45 seconds to a minute for every egg.  Worked great and a tasted perfect! We'll be making this fried rice frequently!


Chicken Fried Rice

2 cups cooked rice (I used brown rice)
3-4 cups Veggies (I used frozen green peas because I had them on hand)
1 1/2 cups cooked chicken 
2 eggs, scrambled
1 tablespoon Sesame Oil
3 tablespoons reduced sodium Soy Sauce
1 teaspoon minced Garlic
1 tablespoon Rice Wine Vinegar

1. Add sesame oil to a wok or frying pan over high heat.
2. In a small bowl mix together soy sauce, garlic and vinegar.
3. Drop a single piece of rice in the oil, if it sizzles the wok is ready.
4. Add rice, chicken, and any thick veggies that you're using.  Stir a couple of times and then add the soy sauce mixture.  Stir frequently for about 3 minutes.
5. Add in any remaining veggies and eggs.  Stir for 2 more minutes.
6. Serve immediately.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails