Pages

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Brown Sugar and Balsamic Pork


If you're looking for a good recipe for New Year's this one is a winner!  I cooked it for dinner one night for our family and it was a big hit!  Jason even suggested that I take a picture of Charlotte enjoying it so much...


I ended up doing the recipe with pork tenderloin's in the oven.  We just baked for 45 minutes to an hour on 350 and they were perfect.  I took them out and basted them for like the last half of the cooking time every 5-10 minutes or so.  Turned out wonderful and is very easy!  I also made this for Christmas with Jason's family and it was a big hit with them also.

The highlight of this recipe is the sauce.  You could put it over any kind of meat that you want and it would be fabulous.  For one pork tenderloin I made one recipe of sauce and had plenty left over for us to use during dinner and then some.  For Christmas I made a little over four pounds of tenderloin (four one pounders) and made two recipes of sauce.  I still had plenty to baste with, eat with dinner, and left over.  But the sauce is good so you don't want to have too little!


Brown Sugar and Balsamic Pork

Some kind of meat -- I used pork
Sage
Salt
Pepper

Glaze
1/2 cup Brown Sugar
1 Tablespoon Cornstarch
1/4 cup Balsamic Vinegar
1/2 cup Water
2 Tablespoons Soy Sauce

1. Combine glaze ingredients in a sauce pan.
2. Heat and stir until glaze thickens.
3. Cook meat according to directions -- in oven or slow cooker.  Brush meat with glaze 2 or 3 times during the last portion of cooking time.
4. Serve meat with remaining glaze.

From Let's Dish via Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails